Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 107


I awoke this morning to two truths- the first was that I was capable of sitting upright without falling over, the second was that not only had I been unable to make a gnome for Day 106 but Day 107 was gnomeless as well.
When I started this project, I really didn't think that I would miss days. I didn't think of illness and its impact on the project. I rarely am seriously ill but something nasty descended upon me so swiftly that I went from feeling fine to being excruciatingly ill within an hour and have remained so for almost 48 hours. I feel the recovery now- that feeling of tender energy seeping through me and with it, hope. Was it food poisoning? Was it a stomach bug?
I am so sad and disappointed to have missed so many days and I am angry as well. I know that this was not a preventable situation and that there was no physical way I would have been able to make a gnome the last two days but I am so disappointed that I missed 3 days total just to illness- including Day 89- Day 11 is not included since that was just plain old forgetting.
This all being said, I am trying to remember that the point of this whole project was to will myself into a daily practice, to make a commitment and I have accomplished that so far. Illness aside, my day is not complete unless a gnome is made, I feel it- the need to create this part of my day- rain or shine, high spirits or low.
This project is definitely changing the way I see so many things and that is the most surprising thing of all......

No comments:

Post a Comment