Monday, May 14, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 128



A morning gnome- a same day listing- miracle of miracles!- And a girl!!
I don't know how many times someone has asked me why I don't have more girl gnomes. I don't really know why that is since I have a wealth of girls in the house- three daughters, chickens (not in the house LOL), the dogs, the cat, the guinea pigs-- all girls. It would seem that a girl gnome would be natural but I seem to be fixated on that white beard and pointy cap- the tradition of the male gnome with the beard and I don't feel moved to do a bearded girl gnome- though who knows, it could happen.
This gnome girl is young- her long brown hair braided into two impossibly long braids and wearing orange since she is all about the bright colors of the flowers beginning to bloom around us. She is still learning her trade of tending the flowers she loves and her enthusiasm is apparent though she has a way of keeping quiet and calm with that undercurrent of excitement for her work flowing just below the surface....

No comments:

Post a Comment