Friday, January 8, 2016

In Gratitude

Sometimes it just takes a moment for us to change our perspective and sometimes that moment seems like the hardest thing in the world to make space and time for; it feels impossible.
But I believe that the fastest way to create positive change is to find gratitude and embrace it. Wrap your arms, your heart and your soul around it and hold on tight, the magic is there.
Sometimes it is something small, something seemingly infinitesimal in the middle of chaos or loss or madness but it's always there. 
For me that gratitude starts with daily practice, a moment when I can breathe and slow myself and create so when the rest of the day is a blur, or a tear to the heart or a chronic out breath of busyness I can always take a moment to sit in gratitude

These moments were with me in the midst of driving back and forth between family and home, too-short visits with beloveds, getting back into the rhythm of work and homeschool, tidying the house and making up schedules and in the midst of the ongoing complications parents sometimes face with the testy, lovely practice of raising human beings- life's sticky like that, isn't?....

I am grateful for:

Ferns in the snow and a silent concrete bunny hidden in fronds......

Bees and the memory of so many of them swarming my lavender bushes in Portland, Oregon......

Gnomes who seek their own adventures and opportunities to commune with nature......

String lights in the dark parts of the year......


Wool to process from my own sheep............


A treadmill with a felting table on top so I can walk (ever so carefully) while I felt.......

Constant, glorious sunrises and sunsets..........


Canada geese overhead reminding me to stay light, sing loud and find my rhythm with others.....

No comments:

Post a Comment