Monday, January 11, 2016

Snowy Winters.......

We've been in Maine for over three years now, this is our four winter, and I have to say- I love snow. There is something so magical about it. I know that sometimes people dread it or get tired of it or just plain hate it here but after so many winters of gray and rain, I am so happy to be in a place that has winters of sunshine and glittering white snow. I feel like a kid!
Occasionally winter will run long and my toes will be so tired of being cold but beneath that, there is such a love of snowy winters that lives in my heart.
This winter has been particularly mellow and mild and I find myself missing the constant snow fall and cozy fires. I admit it- I don't miss shoveling but I do miss that magical snow fall that makes me think of hot chocolate and snowmen and sledding. The kind of winter days that end with tucking in with the kiddos and making a gnome. 
Of course, there was that night I came home to snow gnome in my driveway complete with knitted beard from our dress up box....
So, I dug up some of those wonderful snowy memories.......






No comments:

Post a Comment