Monday, July 9, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 179



Okay so this gnome has a funny story about him. He is a 4th of July gnome. I was at a party at my sister's place and realized that if I didn't have my kit, I wouldn't be able to make a gnome until about midnight and that was not going to fly with me that night- too exhausting. So, I sent my son down to the house for the kit and sat down on the grass to felt. It wasn't long before I was surrounded by onlookers who were intrigued and, possible, disturbed by the stabbing motion. The neighbor's daughter chose the colors (no teal!!) and then fell in love with him and adopted him.
That night, we had a firework show on the corner and got, uh, busted, by the police. Yes, busted. Me, the tame gnome maker who has toed the line so much that she can barely raise her voice even when needed. Busted for illegal fireworks. Well- for watching illegal fireworks- my family had no part in the purchasing or lighting of them. It was a party and everyone stepped up to help pay the fine and that adoption fee? Well, it went to pay for our little illegal display of fireworks. They were beautiful and bright exploding across the night sky in an array of colors- stars in flight- before we were busted by a very polite police officer.
So, this gnome has a record... Yep, he was on the scene when it went down- he's got a little of that boom and joy about him even in those pastel colors that say "I'm well behave, I promise."
This gnome was made on July 4th.
Photos were taken by my sister so they are on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment