Monday, January 30, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 22


As I was browsing through colors in the bag I use to keep gnomey-colors in, I came across the soft butter colored yellow and the sort of medium grassy green. They scream spring time to me and with that hope and warmth and new growth.
As I laid them out I also thought about a gnome I made the Christmas before this past one, when someone asked me to make them gnomes in the colors of their favorite sports team. So, in that case, I made an Oregon Ducks color gnome. Green and yellow- that's it. All in the colors. 
It just so happened that Day 22's gnome was wearing those colors but, with him, I thought- out of the blue- "short pants, for some reason he needs short pants." So, he is wearing wading length pants- something I have never done before though I don't know why.
And then a name whispered its way into my consciousness "Beach-Comber Gnomer". I actually laughed. Really?! Of course he is- Beach-Comber Gnomer. Happy go lucky, free to be and friends with seagulls with sand between his toes....
(Though published on January 30th, this gnome was made on January 29th)

No comments:

Post a Comment