Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 60



Day 60- I'm still trying to wrap my head around that. 59 gnomes - since I missed Day 11 that is- otherwise it would be 60. Day 11 lives in me all the time as a reminder- it's worth it, a daily practice, it is really truly worth it. It is funny how my family got on board so fully with this whole thing-- my husband and children will ask "Did you make your gnome today?" and sometimes the answer is "Yes!" and sometimes it is "Not yet but I will, once I get into bed tonight." Once, with the twin gnomes, I made them at around midnight after a long day- that taught me to make gnomes in the early mornings of the busy days and not wait until late or else! There were also the Downton Abbey gnomes- while cuddled in pajamas, I had Downton Abbey playing while I felted away on a little gnome. It has most definitely been 60 days of adventure and practice and follow through. Here's to another 305 days of gnomes, but, like most things, I really can only do this one day at a time and one gnome at a time.
Day 60 arrived sunny. In fact, we have had quite a bit of sun in the last two days and that went a long way in inspiring Day 60's gnome.
He is sunny from the tip of his hat to the cuffs of his pants. He spreads warmth along with gnomely joy and is all about the hope- sun tends to do that- spread the hope and this gnome is most definitely of the clan of hope gnomes. Oh yes, the hope is here- and it has a fluffy white beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment