Thursday, March 29, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 81



I was sitting there felting and playing with colors and then, suddenly determined, I decided that no matter how bright that orange in the basket of wool was, it was going to be used. This orange has been sitting- most likely for years- without being used except for a rare flower or enhancement. It is an intense orange but not completely unnatural. Once I took that plunge I figured that turquoise can make so many things even better so I pulled some of that out and then, when it came to the hat, I decided that this fellow seemed to have that self-confidence and uprightness that would support and hat with a little bit of a wild side. I feel certain that he has the energy and drive to work with the wild things that grow high- birds nest ferns and lichen, air plants, etc. And, from the colors he wears I wonder if he has lived among birds of paradise as well.........
(This gnome was made on March 28th, though he was posted the following day)

No comments:

Post a Comment