Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 156



There have been seven children here at the house (including my own) for two days now and I was curious to see what sort of gnome would come on the tail end of that adventure. Then this little fellow came about. It's really his hat, that was what was so different- that little rim it has and the way it is sort of messy around the edge like an old, well-loved hat on a hermit. He is sort of a hermit though I thought of him more as a mountain gnome- the kind that would care for those glorious mountain goats and the strange plants that grow at high altitudes. I realized that mountain people in general can sometimes have that serious solitude thing going and I had to wonder whether this was a fallout from all those lovely kiddos around me and a secret longing to have some of that solitude for myself...... Makes me wonder even as I smile and prepare to make seven bowls of oatmeal.....
(this gnome was made on June 11th and posted later)

No comments:

Post a Comment