Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 25


At the end of yesterday, I was feeling weary and a little soul-bruised. It has been a challenging week- the kind of challenges that leave you with the cheery observation "Without strife and challenges, I wouldn't notice all the lovely bits and revel in them." So, I sat down, very tired to make a gnome and suddenly the idea of bending the pipe cleaner seemed hard, not in the difficult meaning but the tactile one, and I craved a soft activity. I stumbled for a minute and then realized that a baby gnome is soft, no wire, no bending- they are all wool. They are tiny and we all started off tiny and soft. Realizing that what I needed was to be mothered and to mother simultaneously in that moment, I made this little baby gnome with a tuft of red hair and a pointed cap. A little bit of softness to remind the world of the roots we all share. Take a moment to be soft and gentle with yourself.
(posted late, this gnome was made on the 25th day of the project, February 1, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment