Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Gnome A Day- Day 30


This little buddy almost didn't happen. Last night I crawled into bed with a double earache- a double earache, I tell you!! Really!?! I never had earaches as a child and my brother had them all the time. Now, as an adult, I find more often than not that a cold takes careful aim and heads for the nearest ear and this time it got greedy and went for both!

I lay on freshly grilled onions wrapped in cloth to soothe the right and then a heating pad for the left and waited until the pain was tolerable and then I sat up in bed to make a gnome. My husband had to give me his strong opinion about me attended to my crunches and free weights in my condition-- I wanted to power through and do them since I had skipped the day before (under the weather) and I didn't want to lose the rhythm I was building and he was telling me to be nice to my ailing ears and rest. I found that since I have become dedicated to the Gnome a Day Project, I started slowly adding new rhythms into my life in other ways-- in little doses-- hesitant to take on something I can't sustain. I am much more concerned about my sustainability than I ever was before. The thought of skipping the new practice of my set six kinds of crunches and free weight arm exercises was almost scary- that question "What if I stop or lose enthusiasm?" Popped into my head and I actually froze for a second before I realized that my will is stronger since I have been exercising it in this careful rhythmic way.

All this from gnome making?! I tell you - this is quite remarkable. Gnomes inspire!

I have a sense that this little fellow works through things with diligence and cheer, keeping joy in his pocket for every day challenges and a smile at the ready. He is quite a character and I couldn't help but do another toadstool mushroom cap......
(though posted on Feb 7th, this little gnome was made on Feb 6th)

No comments:

Post a Comment