Thursday, May 15, 2014

2014 A Gnome A Day- Day 134



It used to be that I could fit gnome making in the morning but with all the recent changes at the Gnomestead, I haven't been able to squeeze it in. Then there is the midday break and I thought, "Surely I can fit it in then" but not with the attention kiddos need. So it is an evening practice at the moment. I settle into the couch with kiddos and furry family members and I start gnoming it up. 
The children are still interested in this process and will often look on and make comments or ask questions- "Are you making a boy or a girl today?" and "What colors are you going to use?" or "Is that a dress or are you putting pants on her?" Then, if I'm lucky, they'll ask to see the gnome when he or she is done and give their praises and critiques. What a blessing these evenings are!!

I feel certain this girl is rather quiet and brings a sense of peace and purpose to situations, as if she has the power to clarify and induce focus.....

made May 14, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment