Friday, October 24, 2014

2014 A Gnome A Day- Day 297



Today is Friday and sometimes, okay, most of the time, Fridays feel like a giant "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"
-- As in letting go and relaxing- not as in "Oh-my-goodness-I'm-freaking-out-because-the-cat-is-on-fire!" (I cannot confirm nor deny that this may or may not be the reason why we don't like candles here at the Gnomestead but that's another story- and the cat is fine and never noticed- only his doting humans were traumatized- there was no bald spot or scarring and no rushing to the vet as everything was fine). 
Just to be clear.

The rain and wind of yesterday has eased off and, in some cases, ceased entirely, and I am left restless. I want to have a bunch of people over to rearrange the house and drink wine and make art and listen to music and laugh. I'm still building community so we shall see how this develops. There was a time not so long ago where all it took was an activation of the personal "phone tree" and suddenly our tiny cottage in PDX was full to the brim with love and laughter and friends...

This gnome, as you may guess, is a community gnome. He's ready to build community and have fun and spend time with people and open his heart- and he has a rather big heart, I suspect....

This gnome was made October 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment