Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Gnome A Day - Day 119



After the long but lovely May Day fair at a local Waldorf school, I crawled into bed to go face down when I realized that the gnome I had started during the fair, needed some clothing and a hat and a beard- so, yes, he was rather unfinished. So, I propped myself up comfortably and went to work with care to ensure that he would be an upstanding member of gnome society.
Imagine my confusion when I realized that, rather like several people I have met, he has one leg a little longer than the other. At first I was frustrated, I had been careful, I had good light, I had measured and double checked- how could this happen?? Then I realized that having a slight anomaly like this just is what it is- I have a soft spot for three legged dogs and cats (yes, there is actual one in the neighborhood) and sometimes, things don't come out exactly how we want them to and that's ok because it's all part of the lesson- it's about the journey more than the destination, isn't it?
This fellow has that fantastically huge heart and uplifted spirit that so often accompanies things
like this, the small handicaps that can cause a lovely evolution of the spirit and heart. So, when you look at him, just see whether you can tell how much love he has, how much he has to give and how little that leg anomaly affects the nature of his heart and soul.
(this gnome was made on May 5th and posted later)

No comments:

Post a Comment